March 29, 2012

Pasta Necklaces Aren't Just for Kids...

I made this Chevron penne necklace with Katherine on Monday, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out! She found the DIY project on Design Sponge. I want to say it was easy, because minimal materials were needed and the steps were basic, but we did encounter a few problems. It was difficult to get the penne on to the braided jersey fabric, but I did manage! Well, not without first breaking a few pieces of painted penne.

I've been working on my thesis project here and there, in between my class, readings, a love life, a social life, and "me-time" (it's important to me!), so I'm feeling pretty good today! Plus, I'm excited for tonight and this weekend. On Sunday Jimmy and I are heading to a Canadian classic: a Sugar Bush!! We'll have a traditional pancake buffet breakfast and taffy on snow, and we'll enjoy being outside at Sugar Moon farm. Tonight me and Angi are heading out for wine, snacks, and shopping at a local store's customer appreication night. Hopefully I'll be able to snap some pics! Have a lovely day! xo Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: