December 12, 2011

Monday Inspiration: Sylvia Plath





I love Sylvia Plath. I love her poetry, her literature, her writing-style. I love what she writes about and how she writes. Her confessional style of writing really had an impact on the world of poetry, and on my life. What a life she had, full of sadness and loss. Yet what courage she had, too! One of my favorite poems by Plath is "Daddy". Hear read it out loud below. Wow, is it ever powerful...



"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."  - Sylvia Plath

Guess what? 13 days until Christmas! Well, if you celebrate (I always feel like I need to say that because I know not everybody does). I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is prepared for this Monday!

*Photos taken from here, here, here, here, and here.

1 comment:

Your lovely thoughts: