May 9, 2012

Guacamole & Goat Cheese Baguette Bites.


I have been obsessed with making this yummy yummy lunch. I originally tried it a professor's house a few weeks back. All you do is slice a baguette, spoon out some room-temperature goat cheese onto a plate, and whip up some guacamole. I spread a little bit of goat cheese on a slice of baguette and top it with guacamole. The tang of the goat cheese goes so incredibly well with the guacamole. You seriously need to try this. I've included my recipe for guacamole, which I adapted from the recipe in my Joy of Cooking cookbook. xo Caroline

Guacamole
Makes about 2 cups (I usually half this recipe)

Ingredients:
4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1/4 c. lime juice (or lemon juice)
1/4 c. finely chopped onion, shallot, or scallion
1/4 c. finely chopped cilantro or parsley
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 - 2 jalapeƱo peppers, seeded and minced (OR a few pinches of red pepper flakes if you don't have any)
1 tbsp. finely minced garlic
1 to 2 dashes of hot pepper sauce
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 - 1 c. tomatoes, chopped

Directions:
Mash avocados in a bowl to a coarse consistency with a fork or potato masher. Stir in everything but the tomatoes. Taste and add more seasoning (lime juice and/ or salt, for example). Gently stir in tomatoes. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: