May 29, 2012

Quick Tips: De-stressing


I don't know about you, but I'm always stressed. Maybe it's because I'm still a student and thus my work is with me wherever I go. Or, maybe I'm just worrier and, okay, I'll admit it, a bit of a control freak. Needless to say, I'm usually desperate for some stress-free time. But, for some reason, it rarely happens.

Well, here's why I bring this up: I recently came across an article in the June 2012 issue of Canadian Living magazine.  In it were different ways to de-stress, but one tip in particular stood out. And boy, it works! If you're like me and struggle to relax and really unwind, listen up. Instead of waiting for the right or perfect time to relax and de-stress (trust me, it will never come!), take short breaks throughout your day.These breaks can be used up with even just breathing or journalling, whatever your preference might be and whatever works for you in your life. Both of those work for me. Also, try scheduling breaks during transition periods of your day--whether you work from home (as I do), in an office, a restaurant, a retail store, outdoors, in space, and... you get the picture.

Well, I'm off to make a cup of tea and take a few deep breaths. I deserve a bit of time without stress, and you do too! xo Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: