February 13, 2012

3 Ways to Wear the Mini Skirt.

With a knotted blouse or t-shirt and a cardigan or blazer
Le Chateau blouse//American Apparel button-up//Change tights//Honey Punch skirt//Thrifted B.Z Moda boots
With a crew-neck sweater and belt
Urban Behaviour sweater (men's department)//Honey Punch Skirt//Change tights//Locale boots//Jacob belt//My mom's cuff
With a button-up, blouse, and belt
Talula button-up (from Aritzia)//Madwell's blouse//Change tights//J Crew belt//Browns ID shoes

Well hello there! I'm very excited about this post. This is the happiest I've been about the photos (the last two, here and here, weren't the best). I bought this skirt on sale the other day at Pseudo, a Nova Scotia-based clothing store. I've been looking for a skirt like this for some time and am very happy with it. It can be paired with anything and will take me from season to season. Like usual, I was inspired by Andy at Style Scrapbook, this look in particular. I realize I'm only one body-type of many, so how would you style this?

On another note: I've been really stuck on something. I'm a huge blog fan, especially fashion and lifestyle blogs. I love these blogs. But I'm also a huge feminist and I'm sometimes bothered by some fashion blogs. Although I appreciate and enjoy them so much, I also question their romanticization of fashion and the blogger's fashion lives. I mean, a lot of them focus solely on buying clothes, wearing clothes, going to fashion-related shows and events (especially now given it's fashion week or whatever), and hanging out with "besties" all dressed up. Okay, like, whaaa?? Don't get me wrong: I love following these blogs. I love the people who dedicate their time to writing them. But I don't live a life of Alexander Wang and Starbucks. I know life is about more than that (I'm sure they do, too). And I want to see that! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: