June 27, 2012

DIY Geode Necklace.


I made this necklace a couple of weeks ago with my friend Carey. We spent the evening playing with and baking Sculpey. I was super excited when my necklace turned out exactly (if not better than) the way I'd imagined it. Don't you love when that happens? It's really not often! At least for me. Anyway, I followed this DIY tutorial and it turned out perfectly. I bought a $6 silver chain at Michael's and I actually had tons of leftover Scupley laying around from when I was kid (including neon yellow! how cool is that?). I also had a  silver lobster clasp and silver jump rings from another project that did not turn out. I used an x-acto knife instead of a razor and baked the beads for about 15 minutes, according to my package directions. Everything else you need to know can be found in the tutorial. It's really quite fool-proof, and there isn't much you need to buy, even if you don't have Sculpey! Enjoy! xo Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: