June 25, 2012

Weekend Away Part III: Ontario's Finest.



[ American Eagle blouse (very old) // Banana Republic shorts // Belt from random boutique in Vancouver // Vintage scarf (was actually my grandmother's) // Roots Kensington purse //Patagonia sandals // Free People sunnies // Obaku watch (also old) ]

This is my favourite set of photos from my weekend away last weekend. On Father's Day we headed out to Niagara Falls, which I'd only been to as a little girl (and remembered only vaguely). It was such a blast. The falls are beautiful! I felt like they really brought out my inner child. I was giggling and running around and snapping photos and just so happy. Not  stress in the world came over me. I love moments like that! Anyway, after the falls we headed to my mom's favourite winery, Ravine Vinyard Estate Winery, where we sampled wine and ate lunch. It's beautiful there and the wine is amazing! I splurged and bought a bottle of 2008 Merlot, one of the best reds I've ever had! And, to top it off, I got to share it with a great friend last Wednesday! Finally, we briefly checked out Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is a beautiful and prestigious old town with lots of shopping, restaurants, cafés, and, clearly, flowers.

This past weekend certainly wasn't as exciting as Father's Day weekend, but it was very relaxing. I'm trying to keep things low-key before my trip. What about you? How were your weekends? Well, happy Monday! xo Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: