August 15, 2012

Black, White, and Red All Over.

[ Banana Republic cut-offs // 88 Queen top // Thrifted Calvin Klein heels // Vintage Koret Clutch ]

One of my favourite colour combinations is red, white, and black. Simple and classic. Add a bit of tie-die (I've been dying to showcase this awesome top made by Genevieve, a wonderful Canadian designer who is located in the small town where I attended university) and you've got an edgy twist on a classic colour combo. My very good friend took these photos with her new Nikon (soon, so soon, I hope to have my own!) and I'm very pleased with the way they turned out. But as she was snapping photos of me, she suggested that I think about smiling more on my blog. In that moment I totally realized that I don't smile in so many of my blog photos! I was so taken aback that I hadn't realized it before. It's odd because I'm usually always smiling and laughing while being photographed (I get all giggly and awkward and shy) but just not for the camera or in the photographs. Needless-to-say, I'll be smiling more in lookbook photos from now on. Blogging is tricky for me insofar as I want my readers to "get" me without evening knowing or having met me. I want you all to know that I'm actually a very smiley funny person--well, if you count my love of making sarcastic jokes that usually only I find funny. Ha! xo Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: