August 31, 2012

Capitol Pride 2012.


My friend Emma (who was visiting from Calgary last weekend) and I watched Capitol Pride in Ottawa last Sunday. It was my first time going to a Pride Parade (surprisingly, actually!) but I loved it! I had so much fun. It was so empowering to see all the love that was around. People were uniting in both small and big groups. Happiness and music filled the air. Smiles were everywhere. Feet and arms were moving, embracing everyone. I'm so not used to seeing people unite in such a way (I can name on one hand the other time's I've experienced something similar: the Olympics, the Stanley Cup, natural disasters (?????), so seeing this ... wow, it just made me realize how amazing and important it is when groups of different people unite. In my opinion, it needs to happen more!


Happy Weekend! What are your plans for the long weekend, if you've got one that is? xo Caroline

P.S. These photos were taken with my new Nikon D5100! I'm still only able to use the auto mode but I hope to better get to know my camera this week ... I'm taking a class!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: