August 24, 2012

Make-up: Yay or Nay?

I recently bought a few new Estée Lauder make-up products. It's been since Christmas since I invested in some new make-up, and it felt so nice to treat myself (and I received the lipstick for free!). That being said, I also wondered if buying make-up is a treat for other women? I've known various women who don't enjoy purchasing and playing with make-up the same way I do, or who don't wear make-up at all. I can see why, to be honest--like fashion, it involves participating in consumerism and femininity--two things which, I imagine, a lot of women don't identify with. On top of that, a lot of it is also loaded with chemicals and toxins (one reason why a lot of the make-up I buy is all-natural). Do you use make-up, and if so why or why not? Do you think using make-up can be trivial and pointless or do you enjoy applying it, buying it, and collecting it--or both? Sometimes I feel torn, so I'd love to hear what others think. Happy Friday! xo Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: