September 7, 2012

A Day on My Own.

I visited a lovely nearby town on Sunday and had such a nice time! I was feeling restless and sort of lonely Sunday morning, sitting at home with not much to do. (Literally! I'd been so busy taking care of things all week that I wound up with spare time--something I do not come by often!) Anyway, most of my friends and even my boyfriend weren't in town but I didn't let that stop me. I thought: well, why not do a little bit of shopping/wandering/eating by myself? Right? Who says you can't enjoy time alone--in public? I'd driven through this specific town the night before and only then realized how nice it is there. And I'm so glad I chose to go back!


While I was there, I visited an amazing vintage store, Vintage Wear, (with such a friendly and kind employee!) that I'd heard about before, and ended up coming home with a tweed skirt (as pictured above and in my fall lust list here) and actually went back yesterday for a blouse I'd also seen but didn't buy! The store had some beautiful pieces at great prices, and it was so well organized. I also visited the Tin Barn Market, a store filled with handmade, up-cycled, re-purposed, antique, and pre-loved goods. Oh, wow, was it ever amazing! Not only was the store filled with unique one-of-a-kind goodies, it was also beautifully decorated. Both stores are a must see if you live in the Ottawa area. In fact, Almonte is a must visit, in my opinion! I also ended up visiting a really awesome flea market and left with this Edward Penfield "Morning Stroll" print by P. F. Collier & Son! Anyway, I've gone on enough. Happy weekend to you all! xo Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: