September 19, 2012

Little Black Dress.

 This is my third outfit for the "Colour Challenge" I'm doing with Anais from The Time is Grey. My aunt gave me this dress a couple of months ago. She used to wear it all the time for work-related events but no longer does. I think she bought it back in the 80's. I was honoured that she gave it to me and love the fact that I can take a part of her with me wherever and whenever I wear it. In fact, that's one of the reasons why I love all vintage items so much. There's a history behind them. Or rather, a herstory.  And that's no spelling mistake, Blogger. Now I get to wear my aunt's story. 
Although I'm not usually not one for beading, I love it on this dress. Maybe because it's so subtle, especially in black. This is definitely my new little black dress!

[ Vintage dress (similar) // DIY necklace // Jenni Jewel necklace // Lauren Elan bracelet // Vintage clutch (similar) // thrifted Calvin Klein heels (similar) ]

Check out how Anais styled her black look here! xo Caroline

P.S. Please don't mind my sullen look in the last photo. I really wasn't that angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: